Investing in a multifamily property can be a great way to build wealth for the future, but the financing portion of the project can often be complicated. Having a subject matter expert by your side during every step of the process can go a long way in avoiding potential pitfalls. You can depend on the highly experienced team at LSG Lending Advisors to be your advocates. We take pride in our ability to create custom made solutions for each clients’ unique business circumstances. Whether you are interested in a purchase, acquisition, new construction, refinance or rehabilitation, our team is ready to put our years of experience to work for you.
- Over 7 years multifamily property loan underwriting experience.
- Expert knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Highly experienced at guiding clients through complex transactions.
- In depth analysis of current operating statements and projected financials.
- Specialists in evaluating third party reports, including appraisals, environmental documents, market studies and project capital needs assessments.
- Loan review documentation.
- Tailor fit financing solutions for every client.
The partners at LSG Lending Advisors are experts at helping our clients adhere to FHA/HUD MAP lending guidelines and we also have access to some of the best FHA/HUD MAP approved banks in the industry. You can depend on our wealth of knowledge to help you successfully secure a multifamily property loan.
The Fannie Mae Student Housing program is for existing, stabilized properties that have strong operators where more than 40% of the units are leased to undergraduate or graduate students. Properties that are rented on a per unit or per bed basis are eligible. There are fixed and variable rate options available, and the maximum LTV is 75%.
Term Sheet for Fannie Mae Student Housing
||Up to 30 years.
||Fixed- and variable-rate options available.
1.30x for fixed-rate.
1.05x for variable-rate, subject to a fixed-rate test.
||Cannot be located on university-owned land (except for a Dedicated Student Housing Property as described below).
||Supplemental loans are available.
||Flexible prepayment options are available. Loans may be voluntarily prepaid upon payment of yield maintenance for fixed-rate loans and declining prepayment premium for variable-rate loans.
||30- to 180-day commitments. Borrowers may lock a rate with the Streamlined Rate Lock option.
||30/360 and Actual/360.
||Non-recourse execution with standard carve-outs required for "bad acts" such as fraud and bankruptcy.
||Replacement reserve, tax, and insurance escrows are typically required.
||Standard third-party reports required, including Appraisal, Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, and Property Condition Assessment.
||Loans are typically assumable, subject to review and approval of the new borrower's financial capacity and experience.
|Dedicated Student Housing Properties
Decided Student Housing Properties (i.e., 80% or more units leased to undergraduate or graduate students) require additional underwriting documentation. In addition, a Dedicated Student Housing Property must:
- be near a campus with at least 10,000 student enrollment (greater than 50% full time);
- be within 2 miles of campus boundary line or on a college/university-owned transportation line;
- have operated for at least 1 full school year (i.e., August/September through April/May), and be in its 2nd full year of operations; and
- at least 80% of all leases have 12 month leases terms with parental guaranties or be leased by students having the financial ability to pay for the required rent (whether through employment or other documented financial means).
A Dedicated Student Housing Property may be located on university-owned land if the key prinicipal has had a minimum of 5 years of dedicated student housing experience, and operates at least one other Dedicated Student Housing Property located on college- or university-owned land.